Golf Course Maintenance Services (GCMS)
Excellence in golf course conditioning…
Golf Course Maintenance Services Ltd is jointly owned by Carr Golf Services and was established to provide a unique outsourcing maintenance solution to golf clubs and business throughout Ireland. The company is currently responsible for the maintenance of 8 golf courses, improving the golfers experience, maintenance standards and work practices while providing significant cost savings through efficiencies and economies of scale.
The GCMS team is headed by Gerry Byrne, Director of Agronomy, a highly respected course maintenance expert. Gerry has been responsible for the presentation of the golf course for 13 European Open's and the 2006 Ryder Cup Matches at the K Club. Gerry was technical advisor for the recent and successful Paris National bid for the 2018 Ryder Cup Matches. Gerry works closely with Iain Ritchie and Frank Ainsworth, both of whom bring a wealth of experience and professionalism to their respective roles as Regional Superintendents.
GCMS are providing real solutions to the industry that assist in maintaining standards of course presentation, provide significant savings to owners and members while sustaining employment in the industry by making these savings through efficiencies rather than redundancies. Owners and committees retain control of their golf course and asset with GCMS working with them to achieve their goals.
GCMS services include
• Working with the team on the ground to improve course maintenance and presentation
• Provide additional resources and expert advice to maximise efficiencies
• Strict use of industry standard, high grade amenity products
• The maintenance of machinery in line with manufacturer guidelines
• Provision of all materials required to maintain the golf course
• The implementation of international best practices to ensure optimal course presentation
• Training and uniform programmes to ensure the team are motivated, trained and work in a professional manner
• Robust environmental, health and safety policies to ensure compliance with regulations